Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Sunday December 17, 2006

Was nocked out sick all day. Could barely get out of bed. Tried to reach Jarred by phone but didn't get him. Dave went to town in the afternoon and when he got home the feeding still hadn't been done. No way I could do it. He went out in the dark to do it himself. Somehow I fell asleep and woke up - aparently not more than an hour later, but thinking it was the middle of the night. I felt like I had been asleep all night. I was confused and panicked that he hadn't come home from feeding. Thought he might be hurt. Put on every bit of clothes I owned (it was -7 degrees out) and stumbled out to the little loaner truck we have. The Dodge was gone so I knew he must have taken it to go to the far pasture. Went driving over there and couldn't find him. Kept going and met him half way home from Jarred's. He had stopped up there to talk to Jarred about feeding for the next week. I was so upset. Didn't know what I'd do if he were hurt somewhere, since I could hardly stand. He finally got me to realize that it had only been an hour, and he took me home and put me back to bed.

No comments: