Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thursday February 22,2007

Low 30's and cloudy all day. Started snowing heavily this evening.

Maya looks like Frankenstein dog - she had some lumps removed form her back and has stitches all over.

On of the geese has decided that I should be its mate, I think. He follows me everywhere, even out into the pastures. And yesterday when another male goose came up to me at feeding time, he went after him the way a male reacts to a rival. Charged him, screaming, and clamped onto his feathers. Spun him around in circles for 30 seconds before letting him go. Came away with a whole mouthful of feathers, proudly brought them over and laid them at my feet. I'm a bit worried about the whole thing. I mean, I really like him and all. Just not in that way.

We moved horses today. Brought Blackie and all the babies into the Big Barn pasture. Had to take a pick to two gates to get them open enough for horses to come through. Picked through about 2 inches of solid ice. Ended up letting the horses run through the yard, then herding them into the paddock. Was a bit of a feasco, but got them moved at least.

No comments: