Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wednesday February 7, 2007

This has been a hard week. And today was a very hard day. With Dave being laid off, we suspect that he will have to move back to Chicago for a while to find a job. That is hard enough, but mostly I just don't like not knowing.

In terms of looking on the bright side, though... I was telling Dave how overwhelmed I was about all the spring work that has to be done at the ranch soon - trenching, fencing, cleaning up a winter's worth of poop. This will be the first spring we can't afford to hire someone. Then he pointed out that in three days he will be unemployed and can work full time on the ranch until we find him a job. That was actually a huge relief to me.

Took Rajah to the vet today because he has been in so much pain lately. Looks like he had a broken toe at some point and it healed wrong. Plus he has arthritis. This week he stays behind when I ride horses and sits in the truck when I feed. He just hurts all the time and seems so unhappy. I don't know what to do for him. I sit with him every night and tell him I love him and that he is my loyal companion and has never failed me and he is the best dog anyone ever had. But that's all I seem to be able to do.

No comments: