Monday, March 26, 2007

Saturday March 23, 2007

We got up before 10 am and checked on the goats, then started getting Dave packed. Spent half the day gathering everything he needed, then I began packing everything for him. He and I took a break to go do the feeding and we worked on drainage in the middle 20 on the way back, for about 40 minutes. I think we made a difference in the pasture.

He changed the oil in the generator and put more water in the battery bank. That took about an hour. I emptied the truck of all the ranch-related laundry we did in town last week and then began packing his stuff into the truck. I walked down to catch Nefertari, whom we sold and are going to deliver tomorrow and did the rest of the feeding.

We began working on packing his office, the only part not done. But it got to be 6pm and we had to go to town to babysit my sister's kids while she and her husband went out (and to have a last evening together - the kids were asleep most of the time and we got a good dinner and watched a movie.)

We got home after 11pm and continued working on packing the office. Finished that and loaded the last things into the truck. Dave went to bed while I wrote up a contract for Nefertari's sale.

I am exhausted beyond saying. Thank goodness our rush week is over. I can't believe we made it through. Now I can sleep for days!

Oh, and can I just say, thank God for Mothers? Dave's mom has been here all week. She came out to help when she heard how sick we were and I don't know how we could have gotten ready to leave without her. She did so much to get Dave ready and to get the ranch ready for me to handle it myself. I am really grateful to her.

No comments: