Thursday, March 29, 2007

Wednesday March 28, 2007

Went out and found that the Pygmy who had the baby die was swollen and infected around her vulva. I took her in the barn and made her a stall up. Washed the floor with bleach, then dried it and put down fresh straw, a bucket of water, a tin of grain and some hay to eat. I then washed her all up and made up a bucket of warm water. I took a bag and tube and flushed her vagina with warm water, then did the same thing with iodine and warm water. I reapeated that, then took s syringe (no needle, of course) and put some first aid cream in there. I am hoping to keep her in the barn and treat her every day until she heals.

Fed all the animals on my own today and then went down to town to meet with a client. Taught her and her husband about birthing and how to give shots to the horse. They are the ones who bought Nefertari and have a baby due May 3rd.

Long day, but good.

No comments: