Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Saturday December 30, 2006

Started Feeding again today. When I am feeling well enough not to be miserable, I really like being the one in charge of this. It is satisfying to walk around and check on the well being of every animal on the ranch, and greet each one, each day. Leaves me feeling good.

I was feeling better enough that Dave and I spent work on fencing today as well. The babies and donkeys have, for a few weeks now, had access to the rode between the Middle 20 (where they are suppose to be) and the Back 20 (where their moms are). I had so much trouble weaning these three that I decided to leave this be. They were safe, just causing some destruction to the stack of hay I keep in that location. And it did allow them to be weaned, finally. I could not keep them in the middle 20 because the fence is weak without the electric and the electric was down with 3-4 trees on it.

It was sunny and in the 20's today, a beautiful day. Today Dave and I spent 2 hours cutting those trees and hacking the wire out of the ice and mud it had frozen into. Got it all loose and the fences all free. We have a couple hours work to do yet on getting the wire back up, but this was the hardest part. We left the rest for a few days. Once it is up, babies and Donkeys will not be able to get out of the Middle 20 anymore and our haystack will be safe.

Also, let peacocks out today. They need the air and space and are suppose to bond to land in a couple of weeks. They all flew up on the roof of the house and sat there all day. Beautiful to see!

No comments: