Thursday, January 4, 2007

Thursday January 4, 2007

Have been trying Ritalin as a CFS treatment (because it can give energy) and am finding some benefits. If it doesn't make it harder to get the rest I need in the long run, it may help. I woke up at 10:30 today (Dave woke me up) and was going to go back to sleep but was energized. Well, my body was tired, but my mind was going. So I wrote for most of the morning.

At one pm, I went out to feed. Checked on all my critters. Emptied the truck of 7 bags of grain and cleaned up the big greenhouse/birdhouse to make more room for the birds (there was a lot of unnecessary junk in there taking up space). Let the goats loose for the day and they followed me around. I walked most of the little barn pasture to check the electric wire, but before I got to the middle 20 to continue the fence work there, I was exhausted. Shaking and dizzy. Finished the feeding and went in.

Slept for three hour and just felt exhausted to the core. Guess that was a bit too much to do today. I'm really weak this evening, but my mind is too awake to sleep.

The goats are still out. They are camped out on the porch right now, eyeing the cat door. Every time a cat comes in they race over and try to figure out how it did it. I'm afraid one of them is going to stick its head through and get stuck by its horns. I'm even more afraid that they will decide to go to the upper porch and discover the dog door (which - unlike the cat door - is plenty big enough for them to come through).

No comments: