Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday January 28, 2007

Exhausted today. Slept till 2pm. Got up and fed. Rajah is not feeling well. Spent some time with him.

Odd weather things this year. Was talking to a neighbor about it. Lots of signs of spring which are way too early. The Great Blue Heroin that always lives up here during the summer flew up this week. He shouldn't show up until May or June. And all by birds are mating. The geese are pairing up and the peacocks are strutting. The male peacock tries to show everyone is feathers - he is strutting in front of chickens, turkeys, geese and ducks. The geese are fighting over mates. Yesterday one of the females apparently decided I was a rival and came after me. Now I know where we get the term "to goose somebody" from. She came after me from behind and bit my butt about 12 times before I turned around and swatted her away. Then she lept up and grabbed onto the collar of my coat with her mouth and hung there, flapping her wings at me. Then today I was stilling on the ground, working on something and the male Turkey jumped up on my leg and started showing his feathers and puffing out for me. None of these guys should be thinking about breeding until April or May. Not sure what has all the animals convinced they can start the spring breeding now.

No comments: